Are you compassionate, caring, and enjoy working with Seniors? We are hiring!
Nanaimo Family Life Association is hiring an additional Housekeeping Contractor for the Better at Home Program in the Nanaimo region. Better at Home is a province-wide program funded by the Government of BC and managed by the United Way of the Lower Mainland to help seniors 65 and over remain independent at home and stay connected with their community. Helping seniors age in place with dignity, stay socially connected and prevents social isolation.
As part of a valued interdisciplinary team member, the Housekeeping Contractor, will provide light housekeeping services to clients living in the Nanaimo community. Light housekeeping duties may include vacuuming and sweeping/mopping floors, dusting surfaces, cleaning kitchen, bathroom and changing bedding and occasionally assisting with laundry, organizing and cleaning out the fridge for example. Contractors are responsible for booking services, providing services and submitting invoices. Current Covid protocols outlined by CDC must be adhered to when working in client’s homes. Orientation will be provided.
– Previous housekeeping experience.
– Previous experience working as a contractor is an asset.
– Experience working with the older adult population, disabilities and or cognitive changes.
– Valid BC driver’s license, reliable transportation (clean driver’s abstract) with current vehicle insurance.
– Clear Criminal Record Check.
– Clean Drivers Abstract.
– Daily MUST be able to: stand, lift, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, and carry items.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Better at Home Program Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only those shortlisted will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Hourly rate for service for housekeeping contractors is $21.00/hr.