Nanaimo Family Life Association is hiring for a Yardwork/Minor Home Repair Contractor for the Better at Home Program in Nanaimo region. Better at Home is a program that helps older adults continue living independently in their own homes and remain connected to their communities by providing day to day simple tasks.
If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of seniors in your community, we are looking for you. As a Yardwork/Minor Home repair Contractor, you will help clients with light yardwork with such things as basic weeding, garden boxes, sweeping walkways, edging or trimming of bushes, power washing, etc that helps to assist upkeep all the while encouraging clients’ involvement in the process. Also, providing minor home repairs such as painting touch ups, hanging blinds/towel racks, changing lightbulbs, fixing fence, tightening handles on cupboards to name a few. Hours are based on client need and demand mostly on weekdays.
Hourly wage for position: $21/service hour.
- Must be flexible, personable, compassionate and have good time management skills.
- Experience working with older adults is preferred.
- Physically able to perform duties.
- Current BC Driver’s license with reliable vehicle and up to date insurance.
- Provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Contractors will adhere to all Covid-19 protocols, outlined by the CDC.
- Able to work independently, but part of a team.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Better at Home Senior Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.