Healthy individual and family relationships are the heart of a strong and resilient community.
“Tree of Life” has been represented in various cultures, religions, mythologies and philosophies throughout the ages. It is a common symbol of the connectedness of all life on earth. At NFLA we believe this connection is essential to our survival as a human family and our evolution toward a more kind and open society. Our “Tree of Life” represents our connection to all of our relations and to our ancestors (roots) and our descendants (branches). The many colours of our Tree represent the diversity within our human family; diversity that accepts all people, all forms of love and all expressions of self as tremendous contributions to the whole of our community.
NFLA is a passionate, dynamic, and inclusive community orientated organization that delivers interconnected personal and professional growth services responsive to the needs of the community at all stages of life.
NFLA is a radically passionate organization that delivers creative and innovative opportunities to community, families and individuals through intra-connective activities, training, counselling and personal/professional development
- We are open-minded, accepting, inclusive, affordable and accessible, resilient and accountable
- We believe in innovation, visionary leadership, and we thrive in a dynamic, passionate, caring, community-based setting.
- We are a safe space
- A central resource that provides accessible, family-centered services, practically responding to current community needs and helping people to navigate the social service system in dealing with their challenges.
- Skilled professionals and volunteers provide a range of preventative and intervention services through fee-for-service and voluntary programs.
- We maintain effective partnerships with other community organizations and are respected as leaders in providing professional development, research, training and mentorship.
- NFLA is a fiscally responsible organization with a balance between social goals and financial sustainability.