A peer support group for transgender, nonbinary & gender diverse Adults in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Our adult support group offers a supportive space where members can process their thoughts and emotions. The group also aims to help members cope with the physical, social and emotional impacts of living as a gender diverse person. It is a safe meeting place for all trans, gender diverse, nonbinary, and gender questioning people who have undergone – or who are interested in – social transition and gender-affirming medical care.
The group is collectively run by participants and supported by a facilitator. Every week, we discuss whatever topics are relevant to members on that day. Discussion topics can include:
– sharing the challenges of “coming out”
– talking through struggled with work, family, friends, etc.
– asking and answering questions regarding trasition processes
– examining experiences of transphobia
– identifying strategies for maintaining safety
– discussing current events and news related to gender
– developing a gender-affirming support system
Gender Journeys for Adults meets in-person weekly on Monday evenings 6:30-8:00pm.
How To Join | Contact Gender Journeys
Follow Us On