A peer support group for transgender, nonbinary & gender diverse folks in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Gender Journeys for Youth will offer a Nanaimo-based support group for transgender, nonbinary, gender diverse and gender questioning youth ages 12-17. This peer-facilitated and peer-led group will provide youth a safe environment to explore their identity and share their struggles. They will have the opportunity to gain and offer support and knowledge, from both a transgender facilitator and each other. Gender Journeys is an excellent place to:
-connect and make friends in your community
– try out a new name or pronouns
– process difficult emotions and experiences of dysphoria
– share successes and moments of gender euphoria
– just exist in a space where others “get it”!
Gender Journeys for Youth offers:
A weekly, peer-facilitated support group for youth
This member-led support group will allow TGDNB (Trans, Gender Diverse, Non-Binary) and questioning youth to connect with others like them in their community. We will discuss topics and share experiences with each other, including:
– the challenges of “coming out”
– the process of social and medical transition
– relevant concepts such as pronouns and different gender identities
– the sharing of resources
– examining experiences of transphobia and bullying
We will identify strategies for maintaining safety and developing an identity-affirming support system.
To sign up for more information and be informed as dates are announced, email us.
How To Join | Contact Gender Journeys
For more information, or to join one of our groups, please contact:
Felicity Hocking-Steel (they/them)
(250) 754-3331 ext. 710
Follow Us On