ON HOLD: Gender Journeys and Transcend Nanaimo are NOT in session
A peer support group for Transgender, Non-binary, Two-Spirit & Gender Diverse Youth in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Transcend Nanaimo will offer a Nanaimo-based support group for transgender, non-binary, two-spirit, gender diverse and gender questioning youth ages 12-17. This peer-facilitated and peer-led group will provide youth a safe environment to explore their identity and share their struggles. They will have the opportunity to gain and offer support and knowledge, from both a transgender facilitator and each other. Transcend Nanaimo is an excellent place to:
-connect and make friends in your community
– try out a new name or pronouns
– process difficult emotions and experiences of dysphoria
– share successes and moments of gender euphoria
– just exist in a space where others “get it”!
Transcend Nanaimo offers:
A weekly, peer-facilitated support group for youth
This member-led support group will allow TGDNB (Trans, Gender Diverse, Non-Binary) and questioning youth to connect with others like them in their community. We will discuss topics and share experiences with each other, including:
– the challenges of “coming out”
– the process of social and medical transition
– relevant concepts such as pronouns and different gender identities
– the sharing of resources
– examining experiences of transphobia and bullying
We will identify strategies for maintaining safety and developing an identity-affirming support system.
To sign up for more information and be informed as dates are announced, email us.
How To Join:
Please note: Both youth and adult groups are now closed groups for everyone’s safety.
We do not accept drop-in participants, if you would like to participate please fill out the form below:
For more information, please contact:
(250) 754-3331 ext. 710
Follow Us On