Seniors Housing Information & Navigation Ease Program (S.H.I.N.E.)
The Nanaimo Family Life Association provides information on housing options for seniors (60+). We are not a housing provider nor are we able to provide housing placements; however, our Seniors Housing Navigator can provide information that will help Nanaimo seniors find and maintain safe and appropriate housing. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Advising on tenancy rights and the Residential Tenancy Act of B.C.
- Supporting local seniors in their interactions with rental organizations and aiding, when possible, in navigating program applications and registration.
- Advice and advocacy on possible problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies to help empower local seniors to be self-advocates.
- Providing mediation and problem-solving services to help resolve disputes/disagreements.
- Representing the needs of local seniors on the Nanaimo Health & Housing Taskforce.
- Participating in community-based meetings for the purpose of working collaboratively on behalf of seniors.
Read our press release here: Press Release SHINE
Questions can be directed to:
Seniors Housing Navigator
(250) 754-3331 EXT. 427